Login items

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Typswif2fingers, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

Hi, my login items setting in System Preferences / Users and Groups has been behaving rather weirdly over the last few weeks.

The problem is that the list of login items does not stay "locked" in, if this makes sense.

Every time I add the apps I want to start with the machine, these (or some of them) disappear. In addition, Total Spaces (an old version), an app which I removed when I upgraded to Total Spaces 2, appears with the little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

This happens as soon as I close the System Preferences.

Does anyone know how to reset the login items, or any ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

2. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

i think you can remove that in system preferences with the subtract button. Some left over files is all that is.

I don't know about this question. Your saying the list of items in users and groups doesn't appear? What apps are these?

3. jtw85 macrumors newbie

I'm having similar issues. As soon as I leave the "login items" screen, everything I put there is gone. They all worked fine before but if the list helps you I normally have Mail, Messages, iTunes, Launcher, and a weather app from the App Store.

Any ideas?