Login Keychain + Cropping.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Andy348, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I've got two problems, first is the login keychain. It seems like since I've got my MacBook, the login keychain has always been incorrect. Whenever I start up Adium (log in), Skype (log in) or Safari it asks for my login keychain password. I tried every single password I've ever used and nothing. I know for a fact that I didn't set it and forget it because I wrote down every password that I've used for my Mac. How do I set/reset this?

Second is my biggest gripe with my Mac, cropping. Back on PCs, I'd save a picture, open it up in paint, crop it, copy it, clear the current picture, set the attributes to 1 x 1 then paste so it would fit perfectly. I can't find a simple way to do this on my Mac! I've used Paintbrush and a couple others but they're all too complex. I just need something simple like Paint!

Thanks

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Try Preview, its simple enough and should be in your Applications Folder.

3. Andy348 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can crop + copy on that but I can't paste it in a blank page like I could in paint. In order to paste, I need to bring up another picture :S.

4. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Pages, which is part of iWork '09, can do this.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

If you've copied your image to the clipboard, when you open a new Preview document, (File -> New) it will automatically place the image from the clipboard in the new document.

Couldn't be easier.