Login no longer Auto

dummptyhummpty

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2005
I logged out of MacOS X Tiger just to see what the login screen looked like and now every time my mac boots up it won't login any more. I looked in the Security Preferences and Auto Login IS enabled. I tried even disabling and re-enabling. Any ideas?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
You checked the security preferences, and nothing. Ok, what about the User system pref's? I thought there was something in there about auto login. Or login to admin account on bootup. See if that helps.

dummptyhummpty

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2005
GimmeSlack12 said:
You checked the security preferences, and nothing. Ok, what about the User system pref's? I thought there was something in there about auto login. Or login to admin account on bootup. See if that helps.
In the Accounts Preference, Login Options is grayed out.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Spaceboy464 said:
In the Accounts Preference, Login Options is grayed out.
Well, maybe try exploring in that preference some more. But I'm not at my Mac right now (on my lame Dell at work), so I can't really suggest anything more at this time. Sorry.

dummptyhummpty

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2005
GimmeSlack12 said:
Well, maybe try exploring in that preference some more. But I'm not at my Mac right now (on my lame Dell at work), so I can't really suggest anything more at this time. Sorry.
I got it! The stupid lock was locked at the bottom of the window thus preventing me from making changes.