Login password issue after Mountain Lion Upgrade

doguhan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I just recently upgraded (clean install) to Mountain Lion and have come across one issue. On Lion I had a password setup for initial login when the system turns on for example. However, after that, when the system went to sleep and I came back to the computer I did not need to login. With Mountain Lion I now have to login each time the system come back on from sleep mode. I have been searching for a couple days and haven't been able to find a solution. Anyone out there know?

SRTOutlaw

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2009
The problem I have is both mail and safari keep asking for password verification like every 15-20 minutes. Its driving me nuts!:confused:

doguhan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Thanks Stooby, I'll check when I get home, however I think that option was greyed out for some reason. If FileVault is enabled would that cause it to require a login each time?

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Thanks Stooby, I'll check when I get home, however I think that option was greyed out for some reason. If FileVault is enabled would that cause it to require a login each time?
greyed out until you click the lock, and put in your mac's password...

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
I don't know what else it could be, guys, but I'll bump this in hopes that someone else might know the answer.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
This is caused by having FileVault enabled. It forces login after sleep. Disable FileVault and the option to disable the password will become available.

Note that this appears to be a bug and not the intended behaviour, as it doesn't happen on other versions with FileVault.