Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankh1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
I just bought the new 27" iMac and everything was working fine until upon restarting it my iCloud ID would not register and now it lets me log in but it's asking me for a bunch of key chains...
Has anyone else had this problem?

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
I just bought the new 27" iMac and everything was working fine until upon restarting it my iCloud ID would not register and now it lets me log in but it's asking me for a bunch of key chains...
Has anyone else had this problem?
Yep, I think it's a problem with iCloud. Even my iPhone which worked without hassles so far now has a problem with iCloud keychain...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Go to the iCloud preference pane in the system preferences and log out (if you need too) and log back in to iCloud and see if that fixes it.

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
Go to the iCloud preference pane in the system preferences and log out (if you need too) and log back in to iCloud and see if that fixes it.
Unfortunately this doesn't cut it, whether on the Mac nor on the iPhone.
On the Mac you get a prompt like "can't be connected because there is a problem with youremail@me.com", on the iPhone it simply says (after entering your iCloud keychain security code and receiving a SMS) "iCloud keychain can't be configured".

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Odd, because I've not had any issues that wasn't solved by logging out of iCloud and back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.