Login PW not accepted or filled automatically?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by RadDave, Mar 6, 2016.

1. RadDave macrumors regular

RadDave

Hello All - own a rMBPro (early 2013 w/ OS X 10.11.3) - a 6-symbol PW has worked perfectly for nearly 3 years to sign into my user account (whether after an overnight sleep or napping w/ the top open) - in the last week or so, I've noticed the problems below (posted at another Apple website) - hopefully someone has experienced this issue and can advise - thanks for any comments. Dave

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Do you ever experience random characters when typing documents?
    If you have bluetooth on then try turning it off in case something is causing interference that your rMBP is interpreting as keystrokes.
    It also could be a keyboard problem with a sticking key, but that should be pretty obvious when doing any typing.

3. RadDave thread starter macrumors regular

RadDave

Hello - thanks for responding - yes, I do have bluetooth on (really just to connect intermittently to my soundbar to play from Spotify or my Amazon library) and letters do appear randomly in the login screen (i.e. asterisks) and letters in spotlight - my BT panel states nothing is connected, but I'll disable it to see if the repetitive and spontaneous character entries stop. Dave :)