Login Screen Freeze

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tgallant, May 13, 2008.

1. tgallant macrumors newbie

My School just upgraded our Intel iMacs to 10.4.11, and caused two iMacs to freeze after a short period of time when left idle at login Screen. When it restarts it works again but when left idle at the login screen it freezes again. Does anyone know what to do?

It might not even be the upgrade, the school board does lots of mods to the OS, but it started happening at around the same time as the upgrade from 10.4.9 to 10.4.11.

2. tgallant thread starter macrumors newbie

also, we have a auto reset on the login screen, witch gets rid of all writing in the impute fields, and that might be the problem, that it doesn't support 10.4.11 or that we went from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 then to 10.4.11, when you should go from 10.4.8 then 10.4.9 then 10.4.10 then to 10.4.11.

Any one can you help?

3. chinarut macrumors member

hey - i notice nobody has replied to this thread yet.

I thought I'd chime in as I just ran into a freeze myself for the first time on my macbook - though I will note there are 2 big differences: (1) I'm on 10.5.4 and (2) it happened after Fast User Switching after waking up from sleep.

tgallant: is this still an issue for you or have you found a solution?

4. tgallant thread starter macrumors newbie

It is still a prob.

I will look into the quick user switch, but I doubt the school board would do something like that considering there are hundreds of thousands of students and 500 in this school.

:apple: But thanks! :apple: