Login/signup and profile page/ability to post status updates?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by agentgore99, Apr 29, 2012.

1. agentgore99 macrumors newbie

Hey everybody I'm trying to build a social network but i need some help.
    I want to use php/html, and I want a user to
    Signup have a email sent click the link and be taken to a login page where they are redirected to their profile i was hoping to use the Facebook
    signup and login and then automaticly use their facebook profile picture? And a customizable background. And i want to host their files?
    Can any one give me scripts and tell me what to do with them?

2. indubitably macrumors newbie

give me scripts and tell me what to do with them

What you are trying to accomplish will take either a lot of learning and effort by you or you need to hire a programmer.
    Just registering new users and logging in/out current users will require a good amount of PHP and database coding. It is going to take lots of planning and a knowledgeable coder to not only create this site but ensure that it is not vulnerable to malicious use. ESPECIALLY if you plan on hosting users files...
    I am learning PHP myself and this book is really helping me out:
    "Beginning PHP6, Apache, MySQL Web Development" by Wrox

Attached Files:

3. rickiac macrumors newbie

Login/signup and profile page/ability to post status updates?

Instead of piecing together code from different places, how about an all-in-one solution. Joomla, WordPress, etc...

These will have all he necessary core components and give you the ability to add functionality as needed with out the need for deep coding. :)