Login wallpaper

Discussion in 'macOS' started by /user/me, Feb 28, 2011.

1. /user/me macrumors 6502

hey all, i was just wondering how I toubleshoot this issue: I want to change my login wallpaper, and i ran all the terminal commands, and theoretically that should have worked, but on restart, it doesnt' recognize any wallpaper and displays a default blue background. I even tried moving the files around with the root user, but to no avail. I see plenty of websites that tell you how to do it, but i can't seem to get it. Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

To replace login screen background:
    1. Enter the following commands in Terminal, pressing Enter after each:
      • cd /System/Library/CoreServices
      • sudo mv DefaultDesktop.jpg DefaultDesktop_Old.jpg (enter password when prompted)
    2. Quit Terminal
    3. Rename desired image to DefaultDesktop.jpg
    4. In Finder, drag and drop the image into /System/Library/CoreServices
    5. When asked, click Authenticate and enter user name and password for your Admin-level account.
    6. Restart

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

All you do is replace the image file with the one you want. It must be a jpeg image or it won't work. It must also be named DefaultDesktop.jpg

4. /user/me thread starter macrumors 6502

I've done all of these steps, and replaced the image file directly while the root user. It still displays the blue screen. Not even Aurora shows up anymore...

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you replaced the image file directly while the root user, you didn't follow the steps I posted. If you do them exactly as posted, it should work.

6. /user/me thread starter macrumors 6502

I did them exactly as you posted first and then restarted. when it went blue and didn't display my background, i tried the second poster's idea.

7. komseban macrumors member