Logistics of switching carriers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tefleming, Mar 5, 2016.

1. tefleming macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about switching service from ATT to T-Mobile? Two phones, both under contract with Att. (I assume t-mobile is still offering to offset any etf from att?)

I'd like to get on the Apple iPhone upgrade program.

Do I just need to go into the Apple Store or do I have to do something with t-mobile first?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This is going to be very general in nature as I have only been on T-Mobile for the last five months and I've never used the Apple upgrade program.

I would say, go to Apple and get phones for T-Mobile. Pick the plan and port. Once you port your numbers will cancel and AT&T will give you your final bill.

Go here: http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/switch-carriers-no-early-termination-fee.html#ready-to-make-the-switch and start on step #2 to send your phones in (T-Mobile won't pay your ETF if you don't send them your old phones).

Get a receipt from a brick and mortar store where you ship the phones back (so you have proof you shipped the phones).

Submit your final bill from AT&T. You can do that online or via mail.

Note, if you have the money, I'd pay your ETFs off first and then just get reimbursed from T-Mobile.