Logitec LCC Why ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sizzlingbadger, Feb 17, 2008.

1. sizzlingbadger macrumors newbie

I have an Intel iMac and a V470 Logitec mouse. I installed LCC when I bought the mouse around 6 months ago. The mouse stopped working today and after a quick check I realized that my version of LCC was not supported in Leopard. I checked out the Logitec website and managed to de-install LCC. There was also an article on the website that suggested you don't need to use LCC with OSX. I have set the mouse up without LCC and it works fine now.

My question is... why install LCC in the first place ? I see on this forum many people have had issues with it anyway.

2. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

I have some issues with scrolling, but other than that it's perfect. You need LCC or SteerMouse (which I like even less) to assign mouse buttons. That's about it, but it's all-important. And it works with Leopard now.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

LCC is nice since I can bind Command [ and ] to the side buttons. It makes it so much easier to navigate in Safari and in Finder. Sadly it kills Growl. I love Growl.

4. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I purchased a V470 yesterday and installed fine on my MBP running 10.5.2, without installing the Logitech software. I understand that it is needed for assigning buttons but I may not even bother.

5. larryj macrumors member

I removed LCC and installed USB Overdrive for assigning mouse buttons to different functions.

6. sizzlingbadger thread starter macrumors newbie

The V470 doesn't really have any extra buttons so I doubt I'll instal LCC. I can assign the three standard buttons just using OSX settings.

7. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Sounds good. No need for LCC then. My mouse has eight buttons, and I don't think I can live with any less lol.