Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ollie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
hey,
i just plugged in my logitec mx 500 and it doesnt feel normal. its hard to explain.. it just ...doesnt feel normal. is this a known differnce with OS X and how it controls mice? or a logitec driver issue? i was thinking maybe its something to do with acceleration or something. the system preferences doesnt really have a stunning array of options.

this is kinda annoying in rtcw, its like it moves to slow and then to fast.
does anyone know what im talking about?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
ollie said:
hey,
i just plugged in my logitec mx 500 and it doesnt feel normal. its hard to explain.. it just ...doesnt feel normal. is this a known differnce with OS X and how it controls mice? or a logitec driver issue? i was thinking maybe its something to do with acceleration or something. the system preferences doesnt really have a stunning array of options.

are you using a surface that mouse is made for. the new optical mice don't like shinny desktops.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
ollie said:
hey,

I have the exact same issue with my loigtech mouse, although it's a wireless one with a ball. It gets annoying when scrolling or using fcp.

ollie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
yes i am using a good surface. the mouse feels fine in windows. I guess i will try my mums MS mouse when she gets home. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.