Logitech 2.4GHz receiver. Do I need more than one?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rainydays, Aug 11, 2007.

1. rainydays macrumors 6502a

I've given up trying to find a nice Bluetooth mouse for desktop use, and none of the trackballs available nowdays are any good. So I'm leaning towards the Logitech MX Revolution cause I've head good things about it. I just have to get over the ugly looks :)

Anyhow, I'm also going to buy a Cordless RumblePad II since I'd like to play the old emulated video games with some style (and perhaps some new ones).

Thing is. I'm not happy about the dongles. And the RumlePad uses a really ugly solution with a cable and a box.
    So I'm wondering, will I be able to use both devices with the same receiver? They are both using the 2.4GHz frequency so I was thinking that it might be possible. But then again, you never know.

Thanks!

2. Toknee macrumors member

3. jrodatus macrumors member

Just got mine yesterday and it actually looks alot better in person than in the pictures-- definitely very ergonomic and stylish. Regardless, its feel, quality, and functionality are really too superior to really care how it looks. Definitely one of the best choices for a Mac mouse. If you're worried about size, the Logitech dongle is extremely tiny-- for such a great mouse, IMO having to use 2 dongles is an issue worth overlooking.

4. rainydays thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really? That sucks. I was hoping that it would recognize the devices using software instead.

Thanks for the suggestion about BT mice. But I've tried pretty much all of them and the only ones I've liked are tiny notebook mice. I've got one of them and it's great for traveling, but it doesn't work that well for working many hours on the desktop.

5. rainydays thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I will probably go for the MX Rev. It stands between that one and the MX 620. But I haven't been able to get any opinions about it yet. The only user reviews I've read complained about the lack of mac support, but logitech has released new software since then.

6. Toknee macrumors member

7. rainydays thread starter macrumors 6502a

The MX Rev transceiver isn't a big issue for me since I'll be using i with the iMac and not the MB (already have a BT mouse for that one). I'm just trying to keep down the amount of USB gadgets I have to connect, so being able to use the MX Rev transceiver for the RumblePad as well would have been nice. Especially since that one use the messy cable/box solution. But I guess I have no luck there.

I'll just have to get a USB hub and build a beautiful box for it to hide all the ugly stuff in :)