Logitech Alto =/= for MBPs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Philberttheduck, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

So costco was selling the logitech alto set with an optical mouse for 67.99 (87.99 - $20 coupon) and I really need a laptop stand at my apartment because my neck has been killing me when i use the MBP on the desk. Unfortunately, the MBP screen does not go all the way back when fully extended so I have to tilt my neck again, which kinda kills the purpose of the laptop stand. the stand is not adjustable (which I thought it was, unless someone can point out a way to) and is not a good position for my neck.

Anyway, just wanted to offer this advice to anyone who was looking to take advantage of a seemingly good offer from costco. i'd like to say the same thing with a macbook, but i haven't tried it yet. a pretty decent set though. i guess i'm going to go with logitech's apple keyboard and purchase an elevator or something.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Have you tried lowering your chair, if it's adjustable, that really helps.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

If you sit on the floor I'm sure it'll be just at the right angle.

Most regular laptop stands assume the lid can go almost right back, but the Apples trade practicality (and, well, everything else really) for design. So that's why you have Apple-specific stands like the Elevator.

4. limsilas macrumors newbie

hello,

can the macbook screen bend farther back than the macbook pro screen? i'm thinking about the logitech alto, but am not sure if my macbook's screen can bend back far enough.