MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Logitech today announced a new AnyAngle protective case designed for Apple's iPad Air 2 and iPad mini, which includes an "any-angle" foldable cover that can be adjusted to multiple viewing positions for reading, watching movies, and more.

Designed to "complement the thin and light aesthetics" of the iPad Air 2, the AnyAngle case includes a rubberized frame that wraps around the edges of the iPad to protect it from drops and bumps, and the adjustable front cover protects the display from scratches and cracks. The back of the case is entirely clear to show off the iPad's design while still protecting it from damage.

logitechanyangle.jpg
The AnyAngle case has a hidden hinge built into it that enables the front cover to be adjusted to any angle within a 50-degree range. A set of magnets secures the cover to preserve the chosen angle even when the iPad is being moved, and the hidden hinge ensures that the cover remains in place as a stand with no tipping or sliding. The convertible cover stand has been designed to fold up behind the iPad for a minimalist look in both stand mode and when laying flat for reading.

Logitech-AnyAngle_Angles-and-Colors-800x137.jpg
Logitech's AnyAngle case for the iPad Air 2 and the iPad mini comes in multiple color combinations to fit a wide range of personalities, including classic black, gray, yellow, violet, and teal. It will be available in the U.S. beginning later this month for $59.99.

Article Link: Logitech Announces New AnyAngle Case for iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
This definitely looks interesting. Still looking for a case for the iPad Air 2 and this one may fit the bill. Not a big fan of the apple case, and with a clear back and more adjustable cover this may be good. I am curious how thick the case itself it, that will be the deciding factor for me.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I am still looking for a thin case that allows horizontal or vertical viewing. Surely some smart guy (or gal) somewhere will come up with one. Lots of horizontal options like this one, but not much for vertical that is thin and sturdy.

the-msa

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
"Definitely looks interesting" "looks cool"

But didn't you guys hated it when Microsoft put this design in the surface pro 3?

Sandstorm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2011
Riga, Latvia
I'd buy such case for my iPad 4 (if it was available)...

My next iPad definitely will be the larger Pro/Plus. Really hope Logitech will make this case for that model as well!

PS - I like the Microsoft Surface too. Especially the stand and stylus.

a2mutant

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
i would prefer that they finally begin shipping the type+ for the air 2 that they announced last month before moving on to new products that are also promised to ship at some undefined time in the future....

lincolntran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010

But didn't you guys hated it when Microsoft put this design in the surface pro 3?

No, this is not something Microsoft put in the surface. The kick stand is a hidious build in stand that is thick, cheap looking, and always attched to the surface and only have 1 or 2 angle. This is a case that can be switched out at anytime and with any angle and look cool.

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
No, this is not something Microsoft put in the surface. The kick stand is a hidious build in stand that is thick, cheap looking, and always attched to the surface and only have 1 or 2 angle. This is a case that can be switched out at anytime and with any angle and look cool.

You must have missed the Surface Pro 3, as it can be set to any angle and actually looks quite nice.

This is exactly what I have been looking for in terms of cases. I have a Smart Cover right now but the typing angle is too shallow and the stand angle is often too steep. I hate putting a case on my iPad but this one could actually be worth it if the stand works like they say. I just hope it doesn't feel too bulky...

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
San Antonio, TX
This is clearly inspired by the surface pro 3.

I HATE the case part of this AnyAngle case. If I could just buy AnyAngle cover so I can use a different case, that would stellar.

Enraginangel

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
The surface pro 3's kickstand on an iPad... Too bad the implementation of it looks kind of ugly and fat. If they can release a good looking leather version then I'll get it. I don't get the playskool color scheme.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I would have to agree with everyone claiming this looks like a knock-off surface pro 3 accessory case.

Apple may make the best tablet running a mobile OS, but if you want any single piece of functionality found standard on another tablet you have to fork out money for it and it won't nearly as functional as the original.

7thson

macrumors demi-god
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Finally! A case that lets my iPad lie flat!;)

This is clearly inspired by the surface pro 3.

I HATE the case part of this AnyAngle case. If I could just buy AnyAngle cover so I can use a different case, that would stellar.

I agree. The colors they chose to go with are a deal breaker, too. Even the black, which is hard to screw up, but they did. Two tone? Really?

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010

most likely they're different human beings, since there are a lot of users on this site.

also -- surface warranted mockery when the thing they focused their marketing on was the kickstand. lipstick on a pig, and all. windows 8 is a confusing mash up (try explaining to my 73-year-old father why there are two different version of IE) that isn't as good as OS X and iOS. for that, yeah, i say it sucks. would never, ever buy one.

monkeyboy0713

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
RE: surface kickstand

Talking about the Surface Pro 3 not the previous versions. This has the same functionality: http://tecnoblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kickstand_surface_pro_3.jpg

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
Not sure what marketshare has to do with it.

When Microsoft have it built into their tablet, it's "a stupid stand". When Logitech adds it as an addon for iPad, it's "interesting" and "cool"

Because people do hate the OS. That's why they voted to not buy it, and hence, why their marketshare is terrible. And both cover/stand designs are garbage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.