Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by occamsrazor, Sep 9, 2009.

1. occamsrazor macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

2. illibball087 macrumors regular

i have both of those mice you have listed and love each

3. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i have loved every logitech mouse i have ever owned. but right now i'm on the MX Revolution. and the only thing wrong with it is.. it's not bluetooth.

anyway, i honestly don't think you can go wrong

4. occamsrazor thread starter macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

I used to be pro-bluetooth, but since getting the VX Nano I've realised the advantages of non-bluetooth wireless mice. They just seems a lot more trouble free.... although losing a USB port on the MBP is a pain...

@illibball087 - I have the VX Nano already and can't really fault it in any way... I'm just wondering if it's worth upgrading to the Anywhere mouse? I understand the Darkfield laser tracking is probably better than the Nano, apart from that what are the main differences?

One thing I was surprised by was the use of 2xAA batteries in the Anywhere vs. 2xAAA in the Nano - is the Anywhere bigger and/or heavier than the Nano?

Thanks...

5. illibball087 macrumors regular

as much as i love that mouse there are serious flaws with it compared to the new gen Performance Mouse MX

-the Rev.'s rechargeable battery cannot be replaced
    -the Rev uses a jumbo size usb dongle (may be okay if on a desktop)
    -The Rev. needs a docking station to charge whereas the PMX can be still be used while being charged

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I think it's more of a successor to the VX Revolution, not the VX Nano.

I love my VX Revolution, by the way!

7. illibball087 macrumors regular

no its for sure an upgrade from the vx nano it looks identical and logitech moved the front and back buttons to the left side instead of the top left click like the vx nano

8. optyks macrumors newbie

I'm curious. This isn't directly applicable to the OP, (sorry) but it is related. I jsut got my Logitech G5 gaming mouse... At first, nothing but the left click worked (to be expected.) I found a mac driver for it, installed and ran it, restarted, and then It gave the mouse full button functionality. however, it installed a preference pane that doesnt register any mouse being connected, though i really want this option available to be able to customise the mouse.... Anyone have any ideas?

9. occamsrazor thread starter macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

Yeah from what it looks like, seems to be a successor to the nano, whereas the Performance Mouse MX is the successor to the Revolution MX.
    I just don't understand how the 2xAA batteries can fit in there - seems it must be larger/heavier than the Nano, as I don't see how 2xAAs could fit in the Nano.

@illibball087 - You said you have one - can you clarify this question?

Thanks....

10. illibball087 macrumors regular

they fit the whole top of the mouse comes off and it has a good weight to it. the weight makes it feel good actually