Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
So now that HomeKit is allowing unlimited HKSV cameras with iOS15, I decided to move five of my several Logi Circle 2 cams to HKSV until the public release of iOS15 to get accustomed to it.

So far, every camera I updated says “Firmware Update Unsuccessful” but a few minutes later, it shows up in HomeKit as an HKSV camera. Anyone else saw this message too? I’m hoping that something didn’t go awry during the update. TIA.

Last edited:

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
Out of interest, how are you finding the experience with HKSV?

I have two Circle 2 cameras that I’d love to update but can’t convince myself to pull the trigger yet…

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Out of interest, how are you finding the experience with HKSV?

I have two Circle 2 cameras that I’d love to update but can’t convince myself to pull the trigger yet…
I was the same at first but in the end, I’m glad I did it. Much better! The Cameras in HKSV load up so much faster, especially on WiFi. I prefer to have everything under one roof than having to go back to the Logi app to view a recording. I have no issues to report at this time.

If you switch and end up not liking it, you can always contact Logi support with the camera’s Serial # and MAC address and they’ll push the firmware to remove it from HKSV.

A little added bonus, HKSV unlocks a light lux sensor and occupancy sensor for the Circle 2 in HomeKit so you can use those for automations (using the Eve app of course, since Homekit doesn’t natively recognize it).

Reactions: Playgear

scottlitch

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I was the same at first but in the end, I’m glad I did it. Much better! The Cameras in HKSV load up so much faster, especially on WiFi. I prefer to have everything under one roof than having to go back to the Logi app to view a recording. I have no issues to report at this time.

If you switch and end up not liking it, you can always contact Logi support with the camera’s Serial # and MAC address and they’ll push the firmware to remove it from HKSV.

A little added bonus, HKSV unlocks a light lux sensor and occupancy sensor for the Circle 2 in HomeKit so you can use those for automations (using the Eve app of course, since Homekit doesn’t natively recognize it).
What version firmware are you running? 8.2.64 here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.