Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
I noticed that my Logitech circle view doorbell keeps loosing network connection every so often. It appears that when I initially set it up, it connected to my 5ghz radio. I tried to force it to use use 2.4ghz radio via router MAC address filter, but the camera does not recognize my 2.4 ghz. How can I switch the WiFi that this camera connects to? Do I really need to remove it from home and reconnect while my phones connectEd to2.4ghz? l can’t thinI of any other solutions.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Generally, I believe that having the same SSID on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz alleviates a lot of problems. If you have separate SSIDs, I'd consider combining them and let devices make their own decisions about which one to use.

I put an access point about 15 feet from my front door, and my Logi doorbell holds the 5ghz pretty well.

Reactions: srl7741

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
Generally, I believe that having the same SSID on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz alleviates a lot of problems. If you have separate SSIDs, I'd consider combining them and let devices make their own decisions about which one to use.

I put an access point about 15 feet from my front door, and my Logi doorbell holds the 5ghz pretty well.
I used to have band-steering enabled on my Asus routers, but some of my older 2.4Ghz devices where complaining and not working correctly, so I had to separate the bands using different SSID names.
I just need this stupid doorbell to connect and stay on 2.4Ghz but there is no interface, or at least I cant find it, to do so.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I was having lots of issues with my Logitech Circle View which presumably has the same tech as the doorbell. I tried all sort of rebooting, unpairing, pairing etc.

Noticed you mentioned you have Asus router(s), I have an Asus AIMesh around my house and I moved one of them to be closer to the camera and it appears to have less drop outs (I do still have them from time to time but not as frequent!). If you are having issues with the 2.4GHz on your router, try updating its firmware and re-flashing it.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
I was having lots of issues with my Logitech Circle View which presumably has the same tech as the doorbell. I tried all sort of rebooting, unpairing, pairing etc.

Noticed you mentioned you have Asus router(s), I have an Asus AIMesh around my house and I moved one of them to be closer to the camera and it appears to have less drop outs (I do still have them from time to time but not as frequent!). If you are having issues with the 2.4GHz on your router, try updating its firmware and re-flashing it.
Thank you for the feedback. My Doorbell is connected to the closer AIMesh node, but it won't fall back to 2.4Ghz as it gets stuck on 5.0Ghz and hovers around -75 dBm where most device report between -39 dBm to about -60 dBm. I am planning to reset it this weekend to see if I can force it to connect at 2.4Ghz.

I also noticed another issue with the doorbell. It won't detect and record any video at night. I am slowly getting tired of this doorbell.

gonidog

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2017
Here is an answer. Simply put there is something going on with the interactions of your ISP, homekit and the logitech circle view doorbell. If you reset the doorbell, you must first remove it from your ISP device list, before you add it back in. In my case, Xfinity remembers the device while it is offline/being reset, but does not acknowledge that it has been reset. The result is that homekit will not sign back into something the ISP remembers. For example, I removed the circle view doorbell from homekit, when I had a power outage and then reset it. It was not until I figured out that the ISP, in my case Xfinity, kept a record of the doorbell and thought it was it was still signed in and would not let me sign it in to homekit. The solution, delete the doorbell from homekit and the Xfinity/ISP devices list. Then add the circle view doorbell as per instructions. It now works fine and holds it connection. I am finding that this is happening with other wifi devices as well. In other words, when you reset a device, make sure that you remove the device from you ISP! I hope that Apple fixes this in a following update of homekit....

Tommie113

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2021
There’s a good chance it doesn’t have anything to do with your internet. The doorbell has a problem with overheating, which triggers it to shut down for a while. According to the company, this happens with direct sunlight, but from reading forums, it’s common without that. It also happens with the night vision light.
Some people have had luck changing out the transformer, but I didn’t. Had a package stolen right from underneath it during an offline period.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.