Logitech Control Center 2.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by martychang, Mar 3, 2008.

1. martychang macrumors regular

So how is it? I've read up on it and it seems the reason previous versions of LCC were horrid was some Application Enhancer thing, which no longer ships in the latest version. I read one reply in a thread here that was a couple months old saying 2.4 wasn't as bad, but I'd like more opinions if possible.

I know there's Steermouse and USBOverdrive, but I'd be really mad if I had to buy a fancy driver just because Logitech couldn't make a passable one. Though I do kind of need SOMETHING, it's a trackball mouse, and you're supposed to hold down a button and roll the trackball for scrolling. As of right now I can't scroll with it.

2. JPT macrumors regular

LCC is actually getting pretty dang good. In the past it was extremely unstable and sometimes would not register that you have a mouse plugged in. But now, it is a lot better. I'd say give it a try for a while. If you have problems with it find a 3rd party app.

:)

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i have to agree. lcc was buggy and not completely reliable at first, but now it's great. i can set all my buttons to do exactly what i want (couldn't before), and i have yet to experience any issues with it.

4. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

yeah i upgraded the other day its a nice bit of kit now to have

5. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I agree, the new LCC is really good; comparable to Steermouse, plus it's free.

6. jhkingsr macrumors regular

I am very happy with LCC v2.4. Most people saying it isn't any good have not tried the new version, post APE.

7. pazreal macrumors regular

I had issues with it messing up some Growl notifications, mostly iTunes stuff for whatever reason

8. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I must say it has worked perfectly for me and my MX Revolution. No problems at all.

9. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Vx Revolution with LLC 2.4

changing the speed of vertical scrolling does nothing.
    changing the middle click button from expose to apple+click doesn't work.

10. w00tini macrumors 6502a

VX Nano + MBA = not very fun. I too to not want to pay for a driver, but may have to if I want to use this great mouse.