Logitech Control Center - Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacMini2009, Jul 9, 2009.

1. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Please help. Ok so I installed Logitech Control Center so I can change the function of the buttons on my mouse. So when it was done installing it said that the computer had to restart, so I pressed ok, right when my Mac shut down, this pop said something about Boot Cache or something. The pop up only showed up for about 2 seconds and disappeared. I think Logitech Control Center reset my PRAM because I had to retype my network password and my date/time when my mac restarted. Is this normal? I deleted the Logitech Control Center icon in the System Preferences pane because it may be interfering with my Mac. Is there anything wrong with my Mac or is there nothing I should be worried about?

Also, Firefox for some reason is now smooth scrolling, my VX Nano has hyperfast scrolling and its not doing that anymore. I checked in the Firefox preferences and smooth scrolling is unchecked. It's scrolling so slow.

2. MacMini2009 thread starter macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Never mind, I uninstalled Logitech Control Center and it doesn't smooth scroll anymore. But I have one question. When I uninstalled Logitech Control Center, it told me to restart and a pop said "Updating Boot Cache." What is this and what does it do?