Logitech Control Center not recognizing my MX Revolution

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Antimatter, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Antimatter macrumors regular

My first experience with the Logitech Control Center wasn't very good with my V470, so I installed Steermouse. Then I bought the MX Revolution and I didn't even bother with Logitech and just used SteerMouse. Well my trial is up and I don't want to pay $20 and the scroll wheel wasn't functioning correctly so I unistalled SteerMouse and installed the Logitech Control Center.

So I opened Logitech Control Center in preferences, but all I get is "No Logitech device found"

What is wrong? This is why I don't like to use Logitech's software!

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. ljones macrumors regular

I had that problem. I think Steermouse removes something or adds something that LCC doesn't play nice with. I was just unable to get it to work after all types of installation tricks. F

3. ceres macrumors regular

Try this:

Uninstall LCC
    Unplug any Logitech Hardware incl. dongles.
    Reinstall LCC
    Plug in Logitech Hardware

hope this helps,
    Vince

4. Jenova macrumors newbie

ok i had this problem and took me hours to find out what was wrong.
    So as u mentioned that u installed steermouse after LCC. thats where the problem is, you need to go to macHD>system>Library>Extensions then find the file named "SteerMouse.kext" If u have installed other mouse drivers before for example usboverdrive. they will also install extensions in that folder, so just find the file that has the name of your driver and ends with "kext" then ust trash them. finally dont forget to restart and LCC should see your device and be able to configure it.

5. slieu92 macrumors regular

ur awesome. thats all i have to say.

6. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Just wanted to chime in and say that deleting the file "SteerMouse.kext" fixed my problem too. I too had installed SteerMouse for another mouse that I had in the past. However, once I got the MX Revolution, I uninstalled SteerMouse but LCC wasn't detecting the new hardware. After deleting the file and restarting, all is well and I have the mouse that I've always wanted, heh.

7. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Wow, I got the mouse I always wanted after I bought and installed Steermouse for my MX Revolution. I've heard the LCC drivers are much improved now but if I already owned Steermouse I couldn't imagine not using it instead. :p

8. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

I had downloaded Steermouse for use with my Radtech BT600 but had bad experiences with it (which I think were more equated to the mouse than the software, but I digress), so I uninstalled the trial. Now that I have LCC working, it does everything I need it to do and seems pretty darn comprehensive. I haven't matched feature for feature, but I couldn't imagine Steermouse would be worth the $20 premium over (the free) LCC.