Logitech Control Center pains.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jiddick ExRex, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

How come every single application and driver for mac is easy to both install and use?

Enter Logitech Control Center and there it is again, that bleeting, beeping little annoying pulsating noise in my head, making every single vein in my body throb like there is no tomorrow!

Not only is it ages to install, it also hangs so it will not finish until I force quit the 'keyboardSelector' proces. Fun.

So basically, when moving to a mac, you don't need to restart. All the important userspecific system variables are loaded when you log in, so when installing new applications and drivers, you merely need to just install and use it. Occasionally (as in CocoAspell's case) you need to do is log out an in and you're back in action, everything is working.

But not Logitech. No. No. They are too hunched up in the Windows world so for reason they choose the single worst daemon to run their drivers on on Mac, the Ape framework. Yes, the one that gives you a blue screen when moving to Leopard. The daemon that actually legitimates and explains why daemon processes come from the word 'demon'. Yes, the Aped makes the system unstable and has done that ever since the horrible application called Application Enhancer. Yuck.

Anyways, everytime you need to install Logitech driver update, you need to restart your mac! What the H*** is this about?!!!!!!

Why? Why? Why? I switched to mac so I didn't need to restart after every time I accidentally rename my files, or copy something to another directory.

I cannot begin to count on my hands how many days of my life I have spent waiting for an OS to shut down and boot back up again, and now Logitech wants us to do the same thing on our macs???

And we're forced to, that's the thing, we need the drivers.

Boo. Boo. Boo.

Someone make an open-source release of these drivers that actually work.

Rant over.

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yes, the Logitech Control Center sucks. Yes it makes my OS panic with fear and loathing.

So I just don't use it. My Logitech mouse works fine with the native drivers. And if you need more functionality, SteerMouse and USBOverdrive offers alternatives (alas not free).