Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
When you close it, is the iPad pro making contact at that point? I could it be something else that caused that?

whi5tler

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Yup it's where the iPad slides into the close position. I suppose the solution is to pull it apart and not let it slide.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
might just be an issue with your case, assuming your iPad pro is not bent . Let's see what other owners say

nuvolari7

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
I got the same thing on my case. I didn't notice until I read this thread. My case is black on the inside so the marks are not so visible. The marks are caused by the iPad Pro rubbing against that part when the case is closed. When I slide the iPad Pro in an upright position, no contact is made with the part which was marked.

Last edited:
Reactions: whi5tler

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
Launch day 128 lte pro and create keyboard. Picked up the create on that Thursday of launch and this model still looks like it was taken out of the box. Just now. No rubbing or other wear, and I use this daily as my laptop.

I'd suggest reseating your tablet or perhaps you have a faulty product.

MisterGrinch

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2015
I have black case and not experiencing problems. But I do make a point of lifting up the ipad from the bottom when closing. I have one small scratch right beside the Logitech logo - but that's where it landed when my son dropped it! :(

I also put a couple of small felt stickers on the bottom corners of my ipad to try to prevent rubbing when the screen is fully extended down. Not sure if this is a problem for others, or just a worry of mine. Worried about scratching the keyboard and/or back of ipad. Stickers are on backside so never visible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.