Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I have read a lot about Logitech Create keyboard case. Maybe I am paranoid but after I read about them potentially scratching screens I noticed the marks on the edge of my iPad screen that appears to be making contact with the case when it is closed.

Has anyone else had these problems? I was able to use microfiber cloth on my screen and marks wiped away, thankfully.

As a temporary/permanent fix, I laid a thin layer of scotch tape on Palm rest area of case with hopes that it spaces screen just far enough from case to prevent further marking or that it eliminates point of of marks by being a barrier per se.

I did reach out to Logitech about this issue a few days ago and have received no response.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I believe there is/was a thread on this created already. Let us know if you hear from Logitech and what their response was.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I believe there is/was a thread on this created already. Let us know if you hear from Logitech and what their response was.

Yeh, I am not a very intelligent feller but I am going to assume if they had intentions of replying they would've already.

Here's to hoping my tape fixes the problem lol

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
i participated in that thread mentioned, and i will still stand behind my word that i have no damage on the pro from using the create. i have had the pro, the create since launch day back in november and this tablet is my daily driver.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
i participated in that thread mentioned, and i will still stand behind my word that i have no damage on the pro from using the create. i have had the pro, the create since launch day back in november and this tablet is my daily driver.

Mine doesn't have permanent marks, yet. But this definitely leaving a VERY noticeable place on my screen. Maybe yours is a little thicker or something. Weird

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
depends on how we all use our devices daily. i use this sucker 4-7 hours 5 days a week and i tap and drag on the screen with the pencil (sans screen protector) and no marks or anything on the front of the tablet.

i dont think its weird you may have issues and i don't. these things are massed produced and anything man made can and will break down.

im not the only one in this world who is not having issues with the accessory, and you are not the only one who IS having issues with it. :)

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Anyone know if this is an issue with the 9.7" model; or only the 12?

I bought the 9.7 and a create for my patient charting (hate logging into the computer in each room all the time). Seems like a good setup, and I thought the create looked a little more professional than the ASK.

I'll take it back if people have had issues with the smaller model.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
So I picked up the case, and I have to say I'm extremely impressed!

With the 9.7" iPad, it's actually quite a good fit. There is no place on the keyboard that comes into contact with the iPad's screen, so I'm not worried about a scratch.

I can also see that in the larger model, there is a wrist rest, that slopes upward from the keys, this appears to form a corner and this corner is what seems to be scratching people's iPad 12.9" devices.

Either way, I'm extremely happy with the feel of the keyboard (miles better than apple's Smart Keyboard IMO) and I plan on keeping it!

Figured I'd return and report, in case anyone comes along with a similar question in the future.

SLC

Reactions: Jodiuh and blaine07

Jodiuh

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
So I picked up the case, and I have to say I'm extremely impressed!

With the 9.7" iPad, it's actually quite a good fit. There is no place on the keyboard that comes into contact with the iPad's screen, so I'm not worried about a scratch.

I can also see that in the larger model, there is a wrist rest, that slopes upward from the keys, this appears to form a corner and this corner is what seems to be scratching people's iPad 12.9" devices.

Either way, I'm extremely happy with the feel of the keyboard (miles better than apple's Smart Keyboard IMO) and I plan on keeping it!

Figured I'd return and report, in case anyone comes along with a similar question in the future.

SLC

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I had the chance to try this and the Apple keyboard out the other day and the Logi had a much better key feel. My only concern were all the comments about sctratching on Amazon. But I see that they lumped together all the 12.9" and 9.7" Create reviews.

So now that it's been a few months, any isssues?

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I had the chance to try this and the Apple keyboard out the other day and the Logi had a much better key feel. My only concern were all the comments about sctratching on Amazon. But I see that they lumped together all the 12.9" and 9.7" Create reviews.

So now that it's been a few months, any isssues?

No, none at all.

I have a tempered glass protector on it, but even that has no marring or scratches.

Still totally in love with this keyboard case!

Jodiuh

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
No, none at all.

I have a tempered glass protector on it, but even that has no marring or scratches.

Still totally in love with this keyboard case!

Great to hear!

I had the chance to get $30 off the Logitech Create 9.7" w/ purchase of the ipad, but ended up passing because I know I'd be ripping that thing out of the case more than a few times per day. I'm really trying to use this as a "laptop/tablet" and gave tried a "lame" IMO UAG case and then the Official Apple Silicon case...tho never in my right mind did I think this as an option BEING SEVENTY DOLLARS FOR A PIECE OF PLASTIC!!!

Never just a tablet case by it's...$? The back of the case is lined with SUEDE, it fit PERFECTLY, and most importantly feels phenomenal in the hand. It's very smooth and the grip goes up when more weight's put on it. I can't really explain it, but it's the best feeling silicon and case I've ever used...minus that one uncovered side for the Smart Keyboard connection. I couldn't put the case on the Best Buy model cause...security device. So...I figured I'd run by Verizon and see what cases they had that I could combine with the Logitech keys to go as I found that for $30 and it seemed nice. This way I could prop up the ipad with a case higher and @ eye level.

I got there and the only case they had would definitely function in that way, but I'd still be ripping it off when in tablet mode because I like to browse NAKED!!!

The sales dude triggered me w/ the "charge the crazy Apple Smart Keyboard + Silicon Case combo to my account cause 14 day no hassle return policy" speech. When the sales receipt printed off $235, I knew I had lost my mind...no matter how well I like this...if I like it...wasn't sold on the store...no function keys, no backlight, feel is...rough...maybe cause I hit hard when I type.

Longggggg story short, it feels like an old baseball glove. The fit's amazing. The cover comes off incredibly easily. It's there to protect the screen and prop it up, I'm even enjoying typing on the lap. I absolutely love that I can take it off when using the tablet to read or watch something.

I ended up finding the Smart Keyboard for $99 and the Silicon Case for $39 on eBay and they got here JUST in time to return the Verizon purchases, lol!

Of course, now I'm in mid panic mode with the rumored 10.5" around the corner and 3 days left on the iPad return...I hate technology.

Sorry for length. Have a :D

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I got the Create case today and am very happy after the first couple hours of use. I'm not sure how so many people got a part of their screen scratched, but my Create has a rubber lip on the middle of the long side of the screen which separates the Palmerston from the other half of the case. Maybe mine is a revision of sorts? Keys feel nice, backlighting is a welcome addition (had a similar case from Logi for my Air 2). Overall, I really like the product. Sure it's not super thin but in return it's a more stable typing platform.

Reactions: Dopestar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.