Logitech Devices - Bluetooth - waking up from sleep issues?

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
I recently bough the
MX Master 3
MX Keys (sweet keyboard)

I have both connected via Bluetooth.

Occasionally 1 or both of them will fail to be able to wakeup my Mac from sleep. Usually power cycling the mouse or keyboard works.
From what I have been googling a lot of people are pointing at Catalina/Logitech compatibility issues.

Any one else have Logitech bluetooth devices and can offer any tips? Do you ever have the issue. I do not think it is device specific.

TIA

Logi_Oli

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2020
Hi udflyer,

are you using the latest version of Catalina (10.15.4 - 19E287)? When the issue occurs, if you wake-up your Mac with the Mac embedded touchpad / embedded keyboard or with the other device, do you see your device as "connected" in the Mac's Bluetooth Preference? Could you delete your Mac’s Bluetooth Preference List and see if that helps?

Logi_Oli

icanhazmac

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2018
Experiencing the same thing, though very rarely, MX Keys (+1 for being a sweet keyboard) and the MX Master 2

I will try the above when it happens again.

Last edited:

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi udflyer,

are you using the latest version of Catalina (10.15.4 - 19E287)? When the issue occurs, if you wake-up your Mac with the Mac embedded touchpad / embedded keyboard or with the other device, do you see your device as "connected" in the Mac's Bluetooth Preference? Could you delete your Mac’s Bluetooth Preference List and see if that helps?

Logi_Oli

Thanks I will give this a try.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Just following up. Logitech Support ticket was opened and while appreciate the reply they suggested I just keep trying different versions of Logitech options SW...... Just thought I would share

icanhazmac

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2018
They did that to me too! So a little background, when I got my first MX Master 2 I tried to set it up bluetooth to my PC and it was a horrible experience but I was a bit stubborn as I didn't want to take up a USB port for something so simple. Logitech said the same thing, go back 1 version of the Options software. This was better but did not fix it so I went to the unifying receiver and have very few stutters now but still have them occasionally. On the MBP side I was very concerned the same thing would happen and I did not want to have the unifying receiver dongled 24/7 so I tried it bluetooth and it was flawless.

Go figure!?!?!?!?!

So that is how I use those both my MX Keys and the MX Master 2, unifier on my PC and bluetooth on my MBP, swapping is flawless I just wish the mouse had a switching method on the top side instead of on the bottom.
- - Post merged: - -

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Good to know their support minions have the same script :)

For me on my iMac, the new options sw that dropped this past week has been a lot better. Except they now put up a warning basically saying "Since I use filevault, if I reboot my Mac , bluetooth keyboard will not work until after login"

WTH... They say the dongle will work. So now I need a 2nd keyboard laying around just for reboots or I need to switch to dongle....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.