Logitech diNovo Edge

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BrianKonarsMac, Jan 2, 2008.

1. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

I'm wondering if anyone has a Logitech diNovo Edge or has experience with using one (specifically on a Mac platform, but if you have used one at all I'd appreciate your feedback)? I'm looking to get one as I like the fact it has Bluetooth 2.0 and a recharging cradle and have read good reviews on it. Before I spend ~$150-160 on a keyboard though, I want to know it will function on Mac OS X. Thanks anyone who is able to provide feedback :).

If you've never used it or if you know it won't work, what would you recommend for a stylish, Bluetooth, rechargeable wireless keyboard?

edit: Also, before anyone posts the inevitable "holy crap, a $200 keyboard!? that better cook me food and clean my apartment" or w/e, I feel it's worth spending the money on a quality input device that will last me for awhile. I won't need to worry about purchasing batteries, having a rechargeable battery station with batteries or any of that. I'll also get to take advantage of my Bluetooth connection and save a precious USB port.

2. Hydramus macrumors member

My brother has one and he uses it on his windows pc and it's a sexy bit of kit! Pictures don't do it justice. I didn't try it on my mac but i would assume it would have no problem working. Of course the windows button would become the command button which means that option and command would be swapped around which i would find a bit annoying.

One of the features that i really like is the integrated track-pad and mouse buttons on the side. When he watches a movie, he just sits back on the couch with the keyboard and has full mouse and keyboard control.

I have apple's wireless aluminium keyboard, which i love. Stylish and bluetooth. Not rechargable but I bought it when it was first released about 4 months ago and I'm still using the batteries that came with it. I use it constantly and its still at 40% which has surprised me. Plus it matches my MBP and apple cinema display;).

EDIT:
    Just did a quick google search and found a review of the dinovo edge on a mac.

http://5thirtyone.com/archives/751

Apparently with some third party software, you can get all the media buttons working.

3. BrianKonarsMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you so much for the prompt and informative response :). One final question - all the reviews I've read have been favorable, except to say the touch sensitivty on the track pad/volume control are not that great. What do you/your brother think of these two features? I really only see myself using the volume control (if only for the fact that I want to justify buying the revolution)...

Regardless, I am placing my order...thanks again!

Also, thanks for not pointing out how simple it was for you to find that information...I could have swore I did a "os x logitech dinovo edge" but I guess I didn't...the link you gave me was the first hit lol! :)