Logitech Dinovo Mac Edition - Unifying USB Reciever?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by neenja, Jan 11, 2010.

1. neenja macrumors 6502

Hi all, im in the market for a new keyboard and saw the Dinovo Mac Edition (Not the edge) Does anyone know if its possible to get it to work with the new "nano" usb unifying receiver? I have the logitech performance mx right now and it uses the mini usb unifying thing.. was hoping this keyboard would too.

I looked on logitech's site and it only lists 2 keyboards that can use this.. you guys think some kind of software update will enable the keyboard to use the usb unifying dongle?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. neenja thread starter macrumors 6502

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

5. neenja thread starter macrumors 6502

im on wifi.. ive read that bluetooth and wifi are on the same wireless spectrum.. dont want to risk any kind of interference that can lower my signal quality. plus, the non-edge is available for just about 40 bucks on macmall ;x

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm... I don't notice any decrease in quality of Wi-Fi with the keyboard. I haven't done any formal test. I still can get well over a mbs. As far as I know the Edge is only Bluetooth and there is no USB model. Unlike the MX Revolution which is available in both.

7. neenja thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm well aside from quality signal issues.. the non-edge is going for about 50 bucks cheaper than the edge. plus i dont need all those other added keys and such..

so i guess it comes down to thinking if its worth spend the extra cash not having to use up another usb port huh? =\

8. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

They all use the 2.4ghz band so it does not make much difference. In fact for me I like BT mice better as they don't jump all over the place when transferring files over WiFi (from my experiences with Logitech MX Rev and G7 etc).