Logitech Dropping explicit support for mac compatible keyboards ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SlugBlanket, Mar 20, 2011.

1. SlugBlanket macrumors regular

Less than two weeks ago I was able to go to the Logitech website and view non gaming mac compatible keyboards e.g DiNovo. Now I see they have dropped these and are only offering the gaming keyboards (complete with Windows Start button) as mac compatible. Does anyone know why and if they are updating the list of mac compatible keyboards i.e. with command/option keys with any new models ? I'm not too keen on the current apple keyboards and as (bad) luck would have it, my mac compatible keyboard has just died. Being UK based Logitech was the next best option but the gaming keyboards sadly aren't to my taste.

2. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Not sure... but I purchased a non apple compatible keyboard from them, and it works just fine (I'm typing on it now). If you don't mind pressing the Window button instead of command, then there really isn't too much difference.

3. SlugBlanket thread starter macrumors regular

So how does one go about installing the drivers ? Until recently I was using a Logitech EasyInternet Keyboard which I had hoped to use on my first mac (hurry up 2011 imac). It had separate drivers for windows/mac; Unfortunately both shift keys died last week. Previous Logitech keyboards required driver installation to get full functionality and the ability to change the actions of the functions keys. I've seen reviews of the DiNovo for Mac which also indicated that a driver install was also required for proper and full functionality. Without the explicit mac supported keyboards I'm wondering if this can still be achieved with the windows only keyboards.