Logitech G Keyboards on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by The JTizzle, Mar 8, 2010.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

I"m thinking about turning my PC rig into a hackintosh since I only use to to play WoW with now. Does any one know if the Logitech G series keyboards support all the macro recording and LCD display features they do on the PC side? I checked the website but they don't seem to offer up a ton of info. Thanks.

2. Nano2k macrumors regular

I put a G15 on my iMac at work and it works ok at least for the LCD stuff that seems to be the same. I think the macro is the same too... never used that stuff.

WOW performance kinda sucks compared to Windows though, I tested it a couple of times on a Hackintosh and it was a big difference. I mean it works but just not as good so I don't see the purpose...

3. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

There is some 3rd party program you can buy that lets you program the macro keys, but I forget what it was called. I probably found it on MR though so a thorough search may help.

4. syndony macrumors newbie

No, the LCD (or the G keys) wouldn't work on Mac since there's no G15 software for the Mac.

5. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I own the G19 and it works. There is software (beta) available from logitech.. I think it is on their forum only and not on the main page.

It being beta means it is some what buggy though. Sometimes when I wake my computer from sleep the LCD doesn;t work (just black).. But overall it is fine.

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Found it!

http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/

I used Controller Mate on my MacBook pro for a while to set up macros for my G keys. I'm pretty sure that the additional keys register as a seperate keyboard that you need to set up to assign macros to the buttons. I forget how I did it but maybe I'll dabble and find out. Now that Steam is coming to Mac I have more incentive to check it out. :)

Edit: Their site even confirms it :)

http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/compatibility/?show=logitech

It "renames" the G keys, which I think is because they usually register as F keys so they need to rename them. Then you can build any Macro's you want! The shareware version is fairly crippled, but it may be worth it to you. :) When I get steam for Mac I'll be tempted. :)