Logitech G15 Troubles With Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Vlade, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I've been using the Logitech G15 keyboard for a year or so, great keyboard, but after upgrading to snow leopard I've lost the correct command/option/control modifier keys. I've tried adjusting the Modifier Keys in the Keyboard preference pane, and installed the logitech drivers, but the best I could do was to get the left command key to work and the cap locks key work as my option key.

Has anyone had any trouble or luck with this keyboard? Any ideas on how to get this working, I'm lost and it's driving me crazy because I switch back and forth from my MBP keyboard half of the time!

Thanks in advance

2. amtctt macrumors regular

anyone figured this issue out? driving me nuts.

3. Vlade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vlade

No luck here, I've gotten use to both keyboard configurations but it's still a pain in the ass.

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Well as far as I can tell, it's because of the dodgey Setpoint software..

At least that's what's causing me grief with my VX revolution mouse.

If you had a mouse, I'd say get a copy of SteerMouse which is pretty good. I don't know if it supports keyboards though.

5. thetoolman macrumors newbie

G15 on mac

I also didn't have the windows key mapping to option like its supposed to. After AGES trying to figure out why, I have found out, and its a real forehead-slapper!

[​IMG]

The keyboard has a switch above F2/F3 for "game mode" which, among other things, *disables the windows key* ! Thats so you don't accidentally task switch or trigger the start menu..

duh! Switch it left to non-game mode and I am now able to copy and paste.

6. Vlade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Thanks so much thetoolman, I just slid the switch over and everything is back to normal!