Logitech Gamepad F310 issues with Borderlands GOTY

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ramenman, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ramenman macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am trying to play Borderlands on my Macbook Air using the Logitech F310 gamepad. I downloaded USB Overdrive to map out the keys/buttons as best as I could but every time I plug in the controller, the game control goes nuts and puts me into a never-ending up/left/forward direction so that my character keeps going in that direction and navigating menus is impossible. I am forced to re-open the application to solve the problem. Perhaps someone here could explain how to better use USB Overdrive?

Also, how can I map out my mouse look/turn movements to the gamepad through USB Overdrive?

Thanks for the help.

2. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

USB Overdrive is not that great at making pads work in games that already support gamepads. The F310 is not on the supported list if you keep your USB pad attached and email us a support report (created on the support tab in borderlands) we can look at adding support at a future date.

Edwin

3. ramenman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Is there a list of which Mac-compatible gamepads that Borderlands supports?

4. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Logitech RumblePad 2 (Wired)
    MadCatz Pad
    Playstation 3 Pad
    XBox 360 (Works but 360 drivers are unsupported and open source so we cannot guarantee the drivers will work on your Mac).

5. ramenman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I think I may just get a Rumblepad 2.

6. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

I know it's an old thread but if anyone is subscribed the latest patch now supports 30 odd different gamepads.

Here are the highlights.

• Adds support for additional game controllers (about 30+).
    • Improves performance on HD3000 graphics card.
    • Adds zoom toggle option for magic mouse and trackpad users.
    • Adds increased cursor control (mouse smoothing) option.