logitech gamepad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macswitcha2, Oct 16, 2009.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Ok, plugged it in to play Call of Duty and there is nothing happening. Do I have to use the software?

Freaking Macs man...I can't understand why macs are better than PC's sometimes...freaking thing can't even pick up a game controller.

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

if there's no mac software for the controller, blame logitech and not apple.

At least hardware support is starting to grow as more manufacturers realize that we exist.

3. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

The package says its Mac compatible and Apple is promoting the gamepad on their site at http://store.apple.com/us/product/TT885VC/A

4. Andy348 macrumors 6502

Maybe if you read the reviews on the apple site you linked us to you'd realize it's not functional with CoD...

5. skorpien macrumors 68020

Did you install the software?
    Never mind, the CoD incompatibility makes more sense.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Logitech historically has issues with some of their accessories. Blame logitech.

7. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

What the heck is wrong with apple? So much for being superior. Why would they promote hardware that is not compatible with their machines? Windows got them by miles when it comes to intelligence. Freaking Apple!

Right, blame everyone else because Apple is infallible right? Please, Apple promotes a product that does not work with their hardware, I blame Apple, Logitech is not the blame for Apple's stupidity.

8. skorpien macrumors 68020

Call of Duty 4 is not Apple's software, nor is the Logitech controller their hardware. The controller does work with Apple hardware and other software on Macs, but it does not work with CoD4. It's not Apple's job to ensure Logitech's hardware works with third party software. Either Activision should make CoD4 compatible with Logitech's controller, or Logitech should update their drivers to support CoD4. Apple is not required to be in the picture at all. Please calm yourself.

Edit: Let's take a look at a hypothetical situation. If the tables were turned and the Logitech controller didn't work with CoD4 on Windows, would you expect Microsoft to come out with a fix?

9. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

anyone tried gamepad companion or overdrive x? They're not free and are both pretty old maybe since '05. Is there anything else more current?

10. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Logitech has had a history of failing to provide full mac support for game pads.

Your best solution is to download USB Overdrive, or one of the other gaming mouse/pad drivers here: http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/drivers/mouse

SteerMouse is also supposed to be good, but I don't like it because it caused a Kernel Panic on my machine.

Download a driver, and set up the key bindings however you like.

11. fumi macrumors newbie

12. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers