Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Just seen on another forum that the latest Logitech Gaming Software supports a load of wheels on Mac, but not the G27!
See http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lgs
The G27 isn't supported in the Windows version either.
Hmmm.......

Good news, thanks for the alert! I wonder if it would work with the G27 even though it isn't listed. It's not really much different from the G29 I hear.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
It usually works for me when there's a lack of drive support for gaming mice. I have not tried it on the G27 wheel though.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
It usually works for me when there's a lack of drive support for gaming mice. I have not tried it on the G27 wheel though.
I looked at your link, but I can't understand what Steermouse actually is!
I can't see what it has to do with wheels at all!

imacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
The Amazon page on the G29 suggest it works on Mac OS X - see attached.
Has anyone tried the G29 on Mac?

Attachments

• lg.jpg
    lg.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 664

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
As far as I know Logitech don't have any official Mac support and although their wheels like the G25, 27 will activate on Mac they won't have force feedback or driver support. I had a quick look at the links posted and I can't see anything beyond the standard "it works in limited mode on Mac" support. We'll have to have a look with our 920 and see if they work.

Feral's latest games offer much more complete support but that's due to our games building the full support into the game so drivers are no longer needed.

Reactions: Beamerboy

imacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
Edwin, did you see the link in my original post? It states quite clearly that there is support for Mac OS X for various devices in the latest software, but not the G27. The list of supported devices is near the bottom of the page.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Edwin, did you see the link in my original post? It states quite clearly that there is support for Mac OS X for various devices in the latest software, but not the G27. The list of supported devices is near the bottom of the page.

I have seen the list yes hence my comment about trying out the 920, however as I can not see any other Mac support listed about their devices on other areas like the marketing pages I am holding off celebrating until we actually see something working. I find the fact it only lists a few newer wheels and they are not listed on the main pages or Amazon etc as supported which is why I am sceptical/nervous.

Would be great if they have started supporting wheels again but we'll see.

Reactions: Beamerboy

imacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
I have seen the list yes hence my comment about trying out the 920, however as I can not see any other Mac support listed about their devices on other areas like the marketing pages I am holding off celebrating until we actually see something working. I find the fact it only lists a few newer wheels and they are not listed on the main pages or Amazon etc as supported which is why I am sceptical/nervous.

Would be great if they have started supporting wheels again but we'll see.
Please let us know how the 920 test goes. It would seem strange that Logitech would produce a Mac version of the software, saying that it supports the wheels and then it doesn't!
Having said that, looking on the Logitech forums, there seems to be a lot of issues with the new wheels not being recognised by the software, even in Windows!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Please let us know how the 920 test goes. It would seem strange that Logitech would produce a Mac version of the software, saying that it supports the wheels and then it doesn't!
Having said that, looking on the Logitech forums, there seems to be a lot of issues with the new wheels not being recognised by the software, even in Windows!

I would more likely suspect a copy pasta error in the list of supported devices over from a Windows list of devices to be honest. Wouldn't be the first time.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
Haha! I like it. I guess what I mean is, why would they produce a Mac version of the software at all, if devices were not supported?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Haha! I like it. I guess what I mean is, why would they produce a Mac version of the software at all, if devices were not supported?

This software has existed for a long time on Mac and is primarily targeted at mouse and keyboard devices, we've used it for a few years now with the "G" series keyboards and gaming mice in combat testing.

I'm not sure if the wheels just got added back in by mistake.

Atrain571

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2016
So I can't get my Logitech G29 to work on my IMac. I downloaded IRacing but it says it doesn't recognize my controller. IRacing says my Mac is the problem. Any idea how I get it to work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.