Logitech Harmony Adapter for PS3 paired with a Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Tr3s, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Tr3s macrumors newbie

Has anyone successfully paired the harmony bluetooth adapter with a Mac? I would like to use to the Harmony One to control my Mini via Bluetooth since it will be residing in a closet out of sight.

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

The Harmony remote works with the Mac Mini without the need for the PS3 adapter.

Perhaps you want the RF signal converted to bluetooth since the Mini will be out of sight? Unfortunately the Mini won't know what to do with a PS3 bluetooth remote signal.

3. celica73 macrumors member

4. Tr3s thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd like to use the adapter's bluetooth to interface with the Mini from the Harmony. And yes, this is because it would be out of sight. I would assume this would require some software on the Mini if the two can't talk from BT pairing alone. My main question is will the the adapter pair with the Mini? If they can see each other, I can write something to handle things from there.

I would also like to stick with the Harmony (or something similar) to have a dedicated remote for both AV and the Mini rather than relying on an iPhone to control anything.