Logitech Harmony Universal Remote

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FaustArp, Dec 29, 2008.

1. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

So I was looking at maybe buying the Logitech universal remote and I was wondering if anyone has one and has used it to control their mac mini? I have my mac mini connected to my HD as a multimedia center and I was wondering if it's possible to control my music and movies from it using this remote. Thanks for the help

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/373&cl=us,en

2. weekend warrior macrumors member

Dont know about connecting to mac mini, but i have a Harmony remote (older one then you listed) and its a great piece of technology. You'll love it.

3. El Carbonite macrumors regular

The Logitech Harmony remotes are excellent. I've used the Harmony One (their flagship model, I believe) in my home theater for the past 6 or 7 months and it's worked great with my :apple: TV (which should mean it works with the Mac mini).

The touchscreen on the top isn't too tacky and actually feels like a decent touchscreen. All the buttons are laid out well and are backlit so you can see them in a darkened room.

Of course, it costs $189 at it's cheapest on Amazon, but I think it's well worth it if you watch a lot of TV.

If you're looking for a longer opinion on it, check out the review I wrote.

4. shardgrave macrumors newbie

Can't Get Passed Step 2 of Installation

I wish I knew how wonderful Universal One remote is but my iMac doesn't recognize it as being connected to the USB port. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to resolve it. :confused: