Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by tony3d, Aug 12, 2012.

1. tony3d macrumors 6502

Has anyone here used this keyboard? People really seem to like it. What makes it better than the Mac Pro keyboard I just got with my new Mac Pro? Is it worth the money? I thought it looked kinda cheap being made of plastic.

2. GoreVidal, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Too squishy, too much key-travel, nothing close to the Apple aluminum keyboard. I just wish Apple made a backlit desktop keyboard of the aluminum model.

3. tony3d thread starter macrumors 6502

How did you do that? Any pictures?

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

He didn't say anywhere that he modified an Apple keyboard (what I'm assuming you're thinking he did). There is virtually no way to get into an aluminum Apple keyboard without destroying it. It's all glued together.

5. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Sorry, my old fat fingers typed "with" instead of "wish"

6. steveOooo macrumors 6502a

I wrote a suggestion to apple for a backlit wireless keyboard (Pre slim kb) in 2006 ish... Alas I'm still waiting- was when I used the iMac as a tv / used the keyboard in bed... Now I have a actual tv so dont need it, bu it would no handy, considering how light grey against white is hard to see in low light edit suites

7. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I think that the Apple aluminium keyboard is one of the worst for typing due to the poor key travel and lack of feedback. I've never heard of a keyboard review where key travel is a negative, but I guess we all have our preferences. I love my Matias tactile pro, but most people don't know the joy of a keyboard with mechanical switches and think they look old-fashioned.

8. jasonvp macrumors 6502a

jasonvp

For me: if it isn't an IBM M (or derivative), I throw it back.

jas

9. Spacedust macrumors 6502a

I use it since 2009 with my Mac Pro and it's awesome ! It's the best keyboard I've ever had. Very comfortable and you can type really fast. Beatuiful design, a little bit heavy so it won't move when typing. Definitely much better than Apple keyboard.

I used a lot of high end Logitech keyboards but this one is the best of them. Enter key is a little bit moving after 3 years of usage, but sometime I hit Enter very hard ;)

Grab Logitech Performance Mouse MX and you will have a perfect pair !

10. tony3d thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you do a pram zap with it?

11. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Unfortunately my wife does not approve of my clickety clacks ringing through the house, as much as I love it.

12. jasonvp macrumors 6502a

jasonvp

My co-workers don't much care for mine, either. Fortunately, I can tell them to go forth and self-fornicate... a luxury you probably don't have. ;)

jas