Logitech keyboard case and iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by KoukiFC3S, Mar 22, 2012.

1. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Although this case was designed for the iPad 2, it also works great with the new iPad.

The case has a magnet to automatically turn on/sleep the iPad and I can report that it works great with the new iPad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332472738.920817.jpg

2. KoukiFC3S thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually bought that keyboard first. Different brand but it looked exactly the same. The build quality was very poor.

Some keys were mushy and one key kept getting stuck! I'm much more satisfied with a brand like Logitech.

3. NikiPod macrumors newbie

Is this a new iPad 2 case, or did you already have this case (and used it with an iPad 2) prior to getting an iPad 3?

I'm really tempted to buy this case (iPad 2 variant) for my iPad 3, as its considerably cheaper...

I'm just concerned about fit.

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Because, despite some of the threads you've read on this site, some of us who had an iPad2 bought the new iPad.;) And those of us who had the '2 already had cases for them.

And for those of us who managed to get a 3 into a 2 case, it's good for the padding community to report what works, it may keep others from having to wait days or weeks for a case, or maybe allow someone to buy a 2 case on sale.

I've got my 3 to barely fit in my logitech fold up keyboard, though it's been reported online to be a no-go. Real tight fit, it'll take a couple of tries, and anything but the thinnest of protective screens on the back will stop it entirely.

Not ideal under any conditions, but I may forego spending buying the updated version when it comes out.

5. KoukiFC3S thread starter macrumors 6502a

I intentionally picked up the iPad 2 version to save money. Since the new iPad is just thicker, it still fits great in this keyboard case.

Picked mine up on Amazon.

6. NikiPod macrumors newbie

Cheers, thanks for the help.

Ordering mine now!