iPad Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rpearlberg, Jul 16, 2013.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

I'm interested in getting this keyboard for my iPad, but it seems that it attaches via a magnet like the smart cover. Is there a way to fold it back and out of the way if I'm not using it (like a book cover) or do I have to remove it?
    What other similar options are out there that can also be used as a case when the keyboard is not in use?

2. BerlingerT macrumors member

BerlingerT

You have to take it out of the magnet slot right above the keyboard and attach it to the magnet "hinge" at the very top of the keyboard to use it like a book cover.

I use the logitech ultrathin mini, which is basically the same thing, except made for the mini instead of the full size iPad. It really is a good quality keyboard. I actually bought the full sized one recently for my family to use with their iPad 2.

3. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I may give it a shot, or go to a store to see it before i buy one...

4. BerlingerT macrumors member

BerlingerT

If you can see it at a store first, that would be good. On the chance that you may not like it, you may not want to burn $75-100 on it. And on that, if you do buy it, Amazon has it for $76 with Free Shipping right now.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Very good post and nicely said.

I, too, have just bought an iPad mini (refurb), and, on the advice of a colleague (who demonstrated his own model for me to see and use) I bought the Logitech ultrathin mini keyboard with it.

The keyboard is nice and solid - made of metal. When in use as a keyboard, you slot the iPad into a sort of groove, where it sits, perfectly stable, (in landscape mode rather than portrait) and you can type on the keyboard. When you wish to replace it, remove it from the groove, and attach it to the magnetic 'hinge' at the top, where it can fold down nicely as a book cover. It is neat, and elegant and sturdy. For my part, I must say that I have been very impressed.

6. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Today I saw the Logitech Keyboard Folio at BestBuy.
    I liked how it protects the back also, but it's quite bulky....

Anyone have this that can comment? How does it compare to the other Logitech keyboard case?