Logitech Keyboard vs Verbatim folding keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ElDogman, Apr 8, 2012.

which keyboard?

Poll closed May 8, 2012.
  1. Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard

5 vote(s)
  2. Verbatim Folding Keyboard

0 vote(s)
  3. Stick to folio w/ built in Keyboard

0 vote(s)
  4. other (i.e. other keyboard, wait for BT 4.0 keyboards, etc)

2 vote(s)
  1. ElDogman macrumors 6502

Aug 8, 2008
    I've decided to go the route of a folio with a separate keyboard instead of a folio with a built in keyboard in order to keep the folio light when I don't need the keyboard.. and to have a good full sized keyboard when I need to type class notes, and for my business trips

i've narrowed it down to these two since i hear the Apple wireless keyboard, despite its good feel, has a tendency to turn itself on more easily and doesn't come with a case.

The cover I intend to get is either the Devicewear "The Ridge" or the "Detour 360", haven't decided on which yet.

Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard
    Pros: Feels really nice to type
    Cons: Heavier

Pros: light, compact
    Cons: may not feel as nice to type on as the Logitech

to make things more complicated, also thinking of a new notebook soon too, could be something light and easy to carry like an MBA 13" or ultrabook.. or leave the light travel stuff to the iPad and get a higher performing notebook.
  2. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Mar 21, 2009
    The Logitech keyboard for iPad works flawlessly.
  3. ElDogman thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 8, 2008
    the weight didn't bother you? also how long does the batteries tend to last before replacement?
  4. richpjr macrumors 68030

May 9, 2006
    The few times I've needed a keyboard, I just use the Apple keyboard - very happy with it. Haven't had problems with it turning on.
  5. ElDogman thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 8, 2008
    what do you use to transport it in when you carry it around?
    i had a friend who used to put it in a zip lock bag and then put it in his back pack.
  6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2011
    Then you've never carried it in a laptop bag.

Wow, classy solution. :rolleyes: