Logitech LS1 mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Joemero, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Joemero macrumors regular

Whats the deal? I've gone thru 2 corded USB mice on my MBP and both do not track correctly regardless of how I adjust the tracking speed. Is that common with Logitech corded mice? They work fine on my PC laptop. There just seems to be a slight lag. Also, where do you leave the apple mouse preferences tracking speed at when adjusting the Logitech driver tracking speed? In the middle?

2. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Do you have to use the logitech drivers? I never have, and I've never had any problems.

3. Joemero thread starter macrumors regular

You think that's the issue? I've been reading some threads and there seems to be an acceleration issue with Mac OS X where the mouse tracking is slow and not as silky smooth as a PC. Since this is the first time I try a mouse on my MBP, and I'm coming from using a PC, perhaps I notice it more?

Also, I've noticed many mac users install the Logitech drivers especially those with MX Revolution mice, so I doubt that's the issue.

4. Joemero thread starter macrumors regular

This mouse issue is driving me crazy, I called Apple support and they're like, just mess with the Apple mouse settings and Logitech mouse settings until you get it right.

Anyway, I decided to download Steermouse from Apple's site, so now I have 3 applications to adjust tracking etc. My question is, should I uninstall the Logitech driver? What's the best way to go about using Steermouse to get the tracking and cursor sensitivity at it's best?

5. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I have just bought one and it's working pretty nicely with Leopard. I haven't installed any software...