Logitech M500 stops working when clicking

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lewis82, Jul 9, 2010.

1. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I have a Logitech m500 mouse, which worked perfectly until now. I bought it in december from Reforger, an eBay seller. It wasn't technically new, but rather a returned item sold in a plastic bag. Still, it hadn't been used.

A couple weeks ago, we had a temperature peak (35°C) and the mouse stopped clicking. I tought it was the computer overheating, so I shut it down and did something else.

Yesterday it did the same thing, as the temp was 34°C. Today, it still does the same, but now it is back to 23°C. Now, I' blaming the drivers, but I want to get other persons input.

When I click, the mouse stops being detected by the Logitech control center, but not by the Apple System Profiler. See screenshots. If I move the mouse while I click, and continue my movement, the pointer stops moving for a second and starts again.

I guess this is software. Should I just reinstall the drivers, or is there something else?

Attached Files:

2. lewis82 thread starter macrumors 68000

lewis82

Strange. It started working again. It did the same this morning, altough I had unplugged it because I was sure it was a broken cable, and plugged it back in just to be sure.

What does this mean?