Logitech M510 and keyboard shortcuts

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rppp01a, Jun 25, 2013.

1. rppp01a macrumors newbie

rppp01a

Ok, I just got a new Macbook Pro for work. I retired an old Linux laptop. I decided to keep my Logitech M510 mouse as I love this thing. Very reliable.

I have set up keyboard short cuts to switch between spaces. I typically use Command + Left Arrow to switch one space to the left and Command + Right Arrow to go right. You get the idea. It works well on my Macbook Air at home. I had it duplicated on my old linux laptop. I am quite comfortable doing it.

So I got the mouse working, but the side buttons didn't work. I downloaded and installed the Logitech mouse drivers ("thank you" to the search feature on this site) and set them. Suddenly, I am switching between spaces with these 2 buttons. I find my way to Mission Control and disable space switching. I can no longer switch between spaces, but now I can go back and forth on pages within the browser (which is what I wanted).

Is there any way to set up the ability to switch between spaces via keyboard shortcuts while also being able to only go back and forth on web pages in Safari, Chrome, whatever web browser? I'd like to have the functionality of both.

Thus far I have found nothing online. If anyone has any information on this, I'd be very appreciative.

2. rppp01a thread starter macrumors newbie

rppp01a

Ok, a temporary fix.

I went into System Preferences, Keyboard - Keyboard Shortcut and set Switch to Desktop 1 as Alt + Right Arrow and Switch to Desktop 2 as Alt + Left Arrow. I removed one extra Desktop. This will take a little getting used to, but it might work. :eek:

If anyone has any ideas how to set Back and Forth to be different than Move left a space and Move right a space, I would love to know!