Logitech M510 controls sluggish

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Robisan, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

So I got my new (and first) rMBP yesterday (yea!) and have been setting it up today. I've installed the mac software for this mouse, the battery is excellent, however the screen response to commands is sometimes very sluggish. In particular, the scroll wheel is very slow to respond. I've checked settings and everything is set for fast performance. Same mouse/receiver works perfectly on my Lenovo Thinkpad.

Any suggestions? Is there something native to OSX that might be conflicting with the Logitech software? Thanks.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Perhaps interference from something else?

Have you tried moving your computer around?

Also get rid of the software if you don't need it; it works fine without it.

3. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

Exact same location as I've had the Thinkpad with no problem. According to an older thread here the Logitech software was needed to enable the thumb buttons. I'll uninstall and see - maybe Mavericks improved native handling for this.

4. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

Googling for info it appears Logitech Control Center (LCC) drivers are having issues with the Mavericks update. Even a firmware update hasn't fully solved all problems. Meanwhile, my same 5-button scroll mouse works perfectly with native Windows drivers - no LCC drivers necessary. Advantage Windows.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't know. The mouse I have that I use with my Mac (works perfectly) lags and jumps on my ThinkPad. I wouldn't exactly say one is better than the other, just some mice work better on some platforms.