Logitech Mouse: Activating the Forward/Back Buttons

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hrothgar, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Hrothgar macrumors 6502

I generally use a Mighty Mouse on my Mac. (late 2012 MBP, running Yosemite.)

For Sketchup (a CAD application), I find that the Mighty Mouse is a bit unresponsive. I was advised to get an inexpensive bluetooth mouse with real buttons. I bought a cheap Logitech, which seems to work fine, but . . .

If I have the Logitech software installed, it defaults the trackwheel "click" to an odd and unhelpful task. I can't find a way to change it.

If I remove the Logitech software, the trackwheel "click" is defaulted to the appropriate task, but I can't get the forward/back functions to work. (Tilting the wheel right or left.) Is there something in the Mac mouse utility that would allow me to activate the trackwheel tilt settings? Or does the Mac mouse utility only allow for three functions?

2. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

If SteerMouse isn't to your liking, you might also investigate "USB Overdrive" ...

3. Hrothgar thread starter macrumors 6502

4. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

There should be a Logitech Control Center preference pane in System Preferences. From there you should be able to configure the mouse buttons.