Logitech Mouse Giving me weird problems

Liebo11

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Hi i have a logitech mouse from my old computer. Its a wired one just says premium optical wheel mouse on the bottom. Anyway . . . it seems like it has a mind of its own. It moves to weird spots randomly when i'm trying to move it to different places. Anyone know what the problem could be? Please answer thanks.

- J

Apple2Mac

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
is it a track ball? try poping out the ball and cleaning the ball, if it has a optical sensor on the bottom try cleaning it make sure ther is no lint or hair in the optical chamber...

Liebo11

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
its optical . . . but do you still need a mousepad with an optical mouse? i dunno what the deal with this is

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
Liebo11 said:
its optical . . . but do you still need a mousepad with an optical mouse? i dunno what the deal with this is
With the earliest optical mice, before there were commercial mechanical mice, they used a mirror-like surface on the mousepad. If you're using it on a transparent surface with no reflectivity, that could cause problems.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
Sobering said:
no need for mousepads with optical mouse...

i'd go get a mighty mouse...i love these things :)
i have mighty mouse but a frosted glass desk and a mousepad is absolutely necessary...so check the reflective properties of the surface you will be using your mouse on and go form there