Logitech Mouse, I'm about to go nuts!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ~David, Nov 10, 2007.

1. ~David macrumors regular

~David

After losing all patience with my Mighty Mouse, I decided to go out and buy a Logitech VX Revolution notebook mouse today.

I unpacked it and installed the latest Logitech Control Center for OSX (Downloaded it from the Logitech site). Here's the problem, I can't get scrolling to function properly!

No matter how fast I set the scrolling to in LCC, it still scrolls at a snails pace (No more than 1 line per full rotation), here's the catch, if I put the mouse over a background window and scroll, it scrolls perfectly, if I bring the window to the front, scrolling doesn't work again.

I tried uninstalling LCC and just using the basic mouse settings, when I do this, scrolling works fine, but now the Back/Forward and Zoom buttons no longer work.

Help? :(

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Psychofreak speaks much Truthiness. My MX Revolution worked horrid with the original drivers - Steermouse was worth it.

3. ~David thread starter macrumors regular

~David

4. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

I'm in love with my Logitech MX1000. I hear that every version of LCC after 2.0 is broken (newest is 2.3.1 i think). They changed the way scrolling is configured and it doesn't work right. You can still find 2.0 on the internet somewheres. I hope that'll fix it for you. My old settings from 2.0 are still there, so I can use 2.3.1 and have the old scrolling still. It's weird.