Logitech mouse in Leopard 10.5.6 problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kirkbross, Mar 21, 2009.

1. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

I just bought a Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse for my Mac Pro running Leopard 10.5.6. The mouse functions, but the Control Center application (LCC) does not recognize the mouse, hence I can't program the buttons. I've have tried every combination of uninstalling and re-installing with the same results. Here's what I get when I run the LCC from System Preferences:

[​IMG]

I own a license for Steermouse, but you'd think for $80 they'd get the drivers working. Anyone have the same experience and find a solution? I also have a ticket in with Logitech, but I keep getting broad spectrum form responses.

2. BobZune macrumors 6502a

Long shot answer: If you haven't already tried it, plug the USB receiver directly into the machine's USB port (not the keyboard/monitor USB ports) first time.

You may be better off with SteerMouse - this is what I use for the same mouse model you have. I used the LogiTech drivers for a short time, but didn't find them as stable/satisfactory as SteerMouse. Most other people who have that mouse seem to be using the SteerMouse also.

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Although LT's hardware is nice, their software for macs blows..... I have tried it on several different macs running panther, tiger & leopard, and have never been able to use it without problems of 1 kind or another.....