Logitech mouse profiles

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dusk007, Aug 23, 2013.

1. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Anybody got one of the logitech gaming mice.
    They have mac software now and it automatically detects the Starcraft 2 app. However it doesn't switch the profile when I launch starcraft 2.
    My G700S has a couple of buttons but they aren't much use inside of Starcraft.

Anybody has any experience with the logitech software and got it to work?
    I assume it has something to do with the whole launcher setup. Starcraft always starts that launcher first, checks for updates and from there you start the actual full screen game. I found something about windows where you had to select a different exe but I don't know what to select any differently with starcraft app packages.

2. dusk007 thread starter macrumors 68040

dusk007

I found one workaround. Setting the starcraft 2 profile as persistent everytime I need it. It is kind of like manually managing profiles. Not very convenient but at least it works.
    The middle mouse button for some reason got recognized as F1 something I set a different button too. A bit buggy that software.
    Mouse behavior is also a little twichy I guess I have to tinker a little with refresh rates and such.

3. wasabigrinch macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing. I just bought the G700s, and I ran into the same issue with SC2 on my iMac. I think I found a workaround.

Open SC2, and then open the Activity Monitor.

Select the SC2 thread and click Sample Process.

Scroll down in the sample window, and you should see something like this in the Path: /Applications/StarCraft II/Versions/Base26490/SC2.app/Contents/MacOS/SC2

Next, Locate this path within finder. I had to right-click the Versions file and select "Show Package Contents."

After that, locate the appropriate base app folder (the same one shown in the Sample Path). There should be a SC2 Application icon in there. KEEP THIS FINDER WINDOW OPEN.

Go into the Logitech software and edit the properties for your SC2 profile. Select the Plus button to add a new app reference for that profile. This should open a separate window for you to browse for the appropriate app.

Bring up your other Finder window (with the appropriate app location reference). Click and drag this app reference into the search field of the Logitech browse window. This should point the Logitech software to the appropriate app version and location. Finally, select "Open," to load the new reference into Logitech's system.

I don't know if this will need to be performed again in the future if there are updates or not. For now, I prefer it over having to choose a permanent mouse profile every time I want to play.

Let me know if it works for you (or if you found a better solution)!