logitech mouse recommendation

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by drewsy1, Jun 28, 2009.

1. drewsy1 macrumors newbie

i was hoping to get one of those new logitech notebook mice for my white leopard os mac book that i'll be receiving from my high school next year. I'm not sure, however, if this is a good idea, as logitech is a third-party company and my mac might not like it (forgive the personification). should i buy the mouse? i dislike the single-button touchpad :p and i don't want to spend on an apple MightyMouse. do you think the logitech would work okay?

please don't recommend another mouse based on personal taste, i'd like to keep it straight and to the point

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The logitech will work straight out of the box no issues. I like the little v270 or whatever the model #.

3. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

If the Logitech Mouse is a "standard" two-button, clickable-scroll-wheel mouse with a wired USB plug, you should be able to just plug-and-go.

Which particular mouse is it?
    ---
    Edit: Ah!... Cordless/Bluetooth, or wired USB?

4. drewsy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

think it's cordless. saw it in hastings one day, bright green. i love green :D thanks guys. will definitely buy

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

cordless mice have two options for connection :

a. Connect a usb dongle to the computer, which communicates with the mouse.

b. Bluetooth mouse, which communicates directly to the bluetooth chip in the computer.

bluetooth mice cost more. Both will work, the bluetooth doesn't need the little dongle sitting on the usb port, where its easily broken off.