Logitech mouse unsupported?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zuma022, Apr 3, 2011.

1. zuma022 macrumors regular

I have a Logitech mouse that I have been using for ages. The mouse works just fine, but for every click I get an error in my console log:

11-04-03 12:03:45 PM LCCDaemon[302] AZTheatre will post <AZEvent: mouse buttons [0x1]> for an unsupported device

I have the Logitech Control Center, but it says 'no device found'. Anybody know what I can do?

2. Benni-chan macrumors newbie

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This might be your problem. Which model is it and how old?
    That doesn't sound like it's working fine.
    Again, it might be an older model that the LCC doesn't support.

4. zuma022 thread starter macrumors regular

I have the Media Play cordless mouse, not sure how old 3ish years maybe?

Well I know something is off, otherwise my log wouldn't go nuts, but the mouse works just fine. Clicks, scrolls, even the additional buttons work just fine. I wouldn't know anything was amiss if I didn't look at the log.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From the Logitech Product Team:
    ...and that was from 5 years ago! Perhaps it's time for a new mouse!

6. zuma022 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh? I didn't know that. Strange as I have been using it for a long time and I noticed the error for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
    Guess I'll look into a new one then. Any recommendations for a mouse that works well on a wooden desk and has additional buttons?

7. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm currently using the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX™, which works on any surface, including glass. Battery life isn't great, though.
    [​IMG]

9. smithrh, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

My ancient Logitech mouse works just fine without any Logitech crapware... all the buttons are recognized and configured via the control panel.

Just sayin - many devices (not all, but most) work just fine w/o any special software or drivers.

Also, you can certainly find a lot of helpful information in logfiles, but you can also find a lot of noisy chatter. As a developer, I've written things to logfiles for debugging but it doesn't necessarily indicate anything is actually wrong - even if it sounds absolutely horrible.